I recently worked out I have been playing tennis now for 20 Years and I still love stepping on court just as much now as I did when I first picked up a racket. But why?
Stepping on the court is so much more than playing tennis, and I have narrowed it down to 5 main reasons what kept me playing for so long as both a child and now an adult:
1) Social Benefits - I have met some of my best friends playing tennis as a child, and even now when they travel back to meet up we always end up back on the tennis courts, having fun and reconnecting.
2) Clear the Mind - Whether you have had a stressful day at work or your child needs some stress relief, there is nothing better than getting on court, smashing a few tennis balls around and having a laugh!
3) A new challenge - There is always something to learn when I step on court, a new technique, movement or tactic. Tennis keeps me feeling challenged and problem solving to win my next match!
4) I can play anywhere - I have played abroad, at Uni, on the beach, various clubs and even during lockdown I found a wall to hit against - It gets very addictive...
5) It's Fun - Tennis is a social sport, you keep active and just makes you feel good!